Everyone wants to look as beautiful as possible and that is perfect as there is nothing wrong with aspiring to look your best. But what happens when you have some skin challenges like acne or any other skin discolouration? Does this mean that you’ll give up on your aspiration to look good? Certainly not as there are several products that have been developed over the years to improve the looks of your skin. It may come as a surprised to you that some of your most admired celebrities and models do not have that perfect skin as you thought. Their skin looks were enhanced through the use of some of these products. Let’s take a look at them.
Generally speaking, mineral based makeups are the best since they are void of preservatives, oil, waxes and dyes which tends to clog the skin causing skin irritation. They may be hard to blend leading to excessive dryness. Thanks to the cosmetic industry as more work is being done to ensure that mineral based acne makeup are improved to perfection.
v Primers :
There are two excellent products under this category that stand out from the pack in this light :
- Hourglass Veil Mineral Makeup Primer : After application, this primer disappears, reducing the redness and enhancing the looks of enlarged pores. It is highly recommended as it lasts longer and has a wide range of sun blockage. It costs just $33.
- Hourglass Veil Mineral Makeup Primer : For those with sensitive skins, this is the recommended primer. Available for just $41, this colourless gel reduces skin redness, excellent for different skin types. For those who are allergic to silicon, this is not recommended as it contains this ingredient.
v Concealers :
here are a few products under this category :
- Mineral Fusion Natural Brands Concealer : This product is blended with antioxidants. Users have confirmed that it is not greasy, giving excellent coverage over red areas. It is available for just $25.
- Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Concealer Stick : This concealer has a stick applicator which tends to make it very convenient for use. Users are very comfortable with it and it is available for just $7.
v Foundations :
our first product under foundations is :
- Laura Mercier Mineral Powder : This is a five star product which can be used as a foundation powder.one of the best foundation for acne prone skin, it is easy to apply giving excellent coverage without causing skin clogging or irritation. It comes at a price tag of just $40.
- Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Foundation : This product may be referred to as a leader of Mineral Makeups. It has been a preferred product since the 70s. Users of this product reports not experiencing any breakout or dryness. It provides an excellent level of coverage. However, it may take some practise to master the application process.
v Liquid Foundation :
Liquid mineral foundation is great as they tend to prevent the growth of microbes which thrives in water. Due to the additives to these products, they may cause skin irritation. Jane Iredale Liquid Mineral Foundation has proven to be a recommended liquid mineral foundation for those with sensitive skin. Available at just $40, it does not cause burning, irritation or itching. This product does not contain paraben hence, it is not greasy. The above is a list of recommended makeup for acne prune skin. However, on a general note, here are some considerations to be made when shopping for the best makeup for your acne prone skin.
- Fragrances irritate acne prune skin. If you have acne and a product contains fragrance, it would be in your best interest to leave it alone.
- An ordinary face cloth serves the same purpose as a facial cloth. Make sure to thoroughly wash the one you used previously before reusing it so as not to re infect your skin with the bacterial removed by the last cleansing.
- If you want to use powder, use those that contains natural zinc oxide or titanium dioxide as they add double protection to the skin.